Monday, September 7, 2009


After reading the segment in our book on photographing tiny critters, I found the future face for my insect photo shoot on the pavement by my car. Actually, I almost stepped on the quarter-sized black beetle as I got out of my car. I could not believe the size of this beetle and couldn’t wait to photograph it. Then I remembered that the book said one cannot make frame-filling pictures with only standard lenses. I decided to take a quick picture on my cell just for proof of how large the beetle I had found indeed was. A reflector is also helpful in situations like this, to help with spotlighting the famous critter. Two more items added to my list for when I decide to become a down-right serious photographer who can justify spending the amount necessary to buy adequate equipment.

I am so excited to get out and begin taking some wildlife and nature photographs. As I continue to read Fitzharris’ book I find myself wondering if my camera will even be able to do any justice to the objects and scenes I am shooting. When I think about buying a new camera I also begin to think about all the lenses I will need and the tripod for stability. Then of course I will need a camouflage lens cover and tri-pads for carrying the tripod. Needless to say, I will be broke by the time I have purchased all of these items.

No comments:

Post a Comment