Saturday, November 14, 2009

DETAILS OF PHOTOS

Alright, after unsuccessfully trying to alter the blog post with my photos seven million times...I have given up. I am just going to have to write the information in this blog post instead.



My first two photos are for the "Use of Red." I used my landscape setting to take these shots and I really like the way that they turned out! It really emphasizes the point made in the book about how intense and attention grasping the color red really is. It looks as if the berries in the first photo are Snow White's poison apples on the tree. Really cool I think, not bragging though!



Second, I shot the reflection photo. I used my close-up setting for these shots. I wish that I could have found a puddle that was in a natural setting rather than the cruddy cement. So although the reflection isn't the main focus, I think that the brightly colored rocks do a nice job of drawing you in and making you search for the tree reflections.



Third was the silhouettes. I love silhouette photos! I had a lot of fun doing these and a hard time picking my favorites. I like to find something with a good shape and something that almost frames the picture.

Next, (fourth), I did the "in motion" photos. The first, and I can only imagine how ridiculous I looked, I ran on the grass and aimed my camera at the leaves. I used my sports setting although I think that it is supposed to capture the image as a freeze frame. The other photo is of a tree line and almost gives an eerie vibe I would say. I really like it though, and it will be a good contribution to my project.

Fifth I shot "one image image" although I saw in the email that I was supposed to be panning. I won't lie, I thought that I just had to capture one sharp image and the rest blurry. These berries are beautiful colors and I had a lot of fun shooting them, especially with all of the moisture on them.

Sixth was detailed close up. I shot a group of berries for the first image and then I found some really interesting tree bark that worked perfectly with my close-up mode. Tree bark is cool! I never would have thought to take pictures of tree bark before this class. It seems boring but if you have ever really looked at it, its actually quite detailed and interesting.

Seventh was the rule of thirds. This is a pretty weak example of the rule but, it works, and I was feeling rushed for time.

As far as the shot with hyperfocal settings, I was unable to get a picture that did any justice of the assignment. They were truly terrible and I could not force myself to put them on my blog. The last couple pictures are for the "free" slot in the assigment however they are not my favorites. This assignment was fun! Cold, but fun! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment